Page Updated on October 10, 2020
SSC CGL 2020 Exam: SSC CGL 2020 recruitment notification has been released by the Staff Selection Commission officially on their website. to recruit candidates in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.
Interested and eligible candidates who want to apply for the SSC CGL 2020 exam can submit an online application form on or before 25-11-2019. It is advised to submit the application one week before the last date due to too much heavy load on the SSC server last week.
For more details about eligibility criteria, education qualification, important dates, and online application process please read this post till the end.
Update (1st October 2020): Staff Selection Commission has issued a notification about the Skill Test for SSC CGL 2018 exam. The commission will conduct the SSC CGL 2018 exam Skill Test in December 2020. The exact date will be notified soon by the SSC .
Update (22nd September 2020): As per the latest revised dates notification from Staff Selection Commission SSC on 22nd September 2020, SSC CGL 2020 Tier-1 exam will be held from 29th May 2021 to 7th June 2021. The official notification for the SSC CGL 2020 exam will be made available on 21st December 2020 .
Update (26th August 2020): As per the latest notification from Staff Selection Commission SSC CGL 2019 Tier-3 exam will be tentatively conducted on 22nd November 2020. All the qualified candidates in the Tier-1 exam are eligible for the Tier-2 and Tier-3 exam. Please check the below notice.
Update (21st July 2020): SSC once again revised the exam schedule on 21st July 2020. As per the revised schedule, SSC CGL 2019 Tier-2 exam will be conducted from 02nd November 2020 to 05th November 2020.
What is SSC CGL? CGL full form?
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination is commonly known as SSC CGL is a national level competitive exam conducted each year by SSC to recruit staff for Group “B” and Group “C” posts in various ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India.
It’s a dream job of graduates who are looking to make a career in reputed Indian Government organizations through a Sarkari Exam and require consistent study for at least 6 months to crack the exam due to a large number of applications.
SSC CGL 2020 Posts:
Please find the list of posts in the below table that may be filled in the SSC CGL 2020 exam.
SSC CGL Pay Scale:
Also, check SSC JHT 2020 Exam all details at the linked article
Candidates must check the complete eligibility criteria before proceeding for the online application.
A candidate must be either:
Please check the age
limit in table 1. Age requirement for various posts is as follows:
Candidates who are looking Age relaxation according to reservation category in SSC CGL 2020 Exam can find details in the below table.
Also, check SSC Stenographer 2020 exam full details
SSC CGL Educational Qualification:
The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before 01-01-2020.
Also, check the SSC Sub Inspector 2020 exam full details
The SSC CGL 2020 exam will consist of the below steps:
- Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)
- Computer-Based Examination (Tier-II)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-III)
- Data Entry Test/Computer Proficiency Test/ Typing Test (Tier-IV)
- Document Verification
1- SSC CGL Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
2-SSC CGL Tier-2 (Computer Based Examination):
- SSC CGL Tier-1 and Tier-2 Examination will consist of objective type of questions and question paper will be available both in Hindi and English language except for English comprehension.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks in the Tier-1 exam and 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
- In the SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks in English Language and Comprehension and negative marking of 0.50 marks for Quantitative Abilities, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics) paper.
- The answer key will be updated later on SSC official website.
- In the Tier-2 exam, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-2 will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs).
- In the SSC CGL Tier-2, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Tier-3 (Descriptive Paper):
- In the Tier-3 Exam, candidates can write answers either in Hindi or English for all papers.
- Candidates are advised to write correct Roll Number and affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Answer Book.
SSC CGL Tier-4 (Skill Test):
In the Tier-4 exam, Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020 pdf download:
Please find below the SSC CGL syllabus for 2020. You can check the syllabus of SSC CGL 2020 for all exams.
We have mentioned syllabus of all Tiers mentioned below in the pdf.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 syllabus:
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus
- SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus
Please download the complete SSC CGL syllabus from the below link:
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2020 Exam:
All applications for SSC CGL 2020 will be submitted through online mode only. No other medium of application submission will be accepted. Please visit the SSC official website for the online application process.
Application fee for SSC CGL 2020 Exam can be submitted through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ BHIM UPI/ SBI Challan.
Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 12-01-2020. Applications without fees will not be considered and will be rejected by SSC.
|women candidates and candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwD and Ex-Serviceman category||No Fee|
|For all other categories||100 Rs|
Two step application process is required for the SSC CGL 2020 Exam.
- One Time Registration
- Filling of Online Application for the Examination
Information/ Documents required for online registration:
Before start your ssc cgl registration check the below information you must have.
Steps to apply for SSC CGL 2020 exam:
- Click on http://ssc.nic.in to go to the official ssc website
- Now on the right side of the website register yourself first time by clicking on the “Register Now” button.
- Enter all the details and submit the registration form. Make sure that all the entered information is correct and matching with the educational and government documents.
- After the first time registration you will get a registration is and password.
- Now login again with the registration id and password you receive.
- Complete the online application form, upload the required documents, and pay the online application fee.
- Save a copy of the online application form and fee receipt.
SSC CGL Answer Key
SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2019 (Tier-1) Answer Key has been uploaded on the portal by the examination authority. Candidates can check their Answer Key by login on to the website.
How to check Answer Key? Please find below steps:
- Visit the official SSC website at ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Answer Key link on the top menu
- Now click on SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2019 (Tier-I) Answer Keys link
- Now click on the link given in the notice
- Enter your registration information
- Answer Key will be displayed on the computer screen.
Candidates can check their answers and can send their challenge-response to the exam authority for correction by paying Rs 100 fee per question.
Please note that the response received after 11 AM on 21st March 2020 will not be entertained.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date:
Please find below all the important dates about the SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3, and Tier-4 Date.
|SSC CGL Events||SSC CGL Important Dates|
|Release od the SSC CGL notification||21-12-2020|
|Starting of online applications||21-12-2020|
|Last date for receipt of application||25-01-2021|
|Last date for making online fee payment||Will be updated|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||Will be updated|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||Will be updated|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-1)||29-05-2021 to 07-06-20210|
|Answer Key for Tier 1 Exam||Will be updated|
|Dates of Tier-2 (CBE) and Tier-3 (Des.) Examinations||Will be updated|
SSC CGL Cut Off
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL cut off for the 2019 Tier-1 exam. Candidates can check the cut off at the linked article. We have also included previous years cut off as well. Please check.
Important Links for SSC CGL 2020 Exam:
Here link will be available from 25-11-2019
Official website: Click Here
Source: Official Notification
Frequently asked questions
Is SSC CGL tough?
SSC CGL exam is not that easy. You need to do a proper and well-planned study of at least 8 hours a day for at least 6 months. You may also take the help of any professional coaching centers.
Is there any medical test for SSC CGL 2020?
For some posts like Inspector (Central Excise)/Inspector (Preventive Officer)/Inspector (Examiner) physical test is mandatory.
What is SSC CGL salary?
SSC CGL salary is different for different posts and varies from Pay Band 4 to Pay Band 8. You can expect a minimum salary of 30000 in hand per month.
What is SSC CGL post?
Some of the SSC CGL posts are mentioned below.
Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Inspector (Central Excise)
Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector (Preventive Officer)
Assistant (Ministry of External Affairs)
Who is eligible for SSC CGL 2020 Exam?
As per the official eligibility criteria, any graduate can apply for SSC CGL.
What are the subjects in SSC CGL exam?
General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness are common subjects in SSC CGL.
What is the minimum percentage required in graduation for SSC CGL 2020 Exam?
There are no minimum percentage criteria for SSC CGL except for Statistical officer 60% marks in graduation.
Which newspaper is best for SSC CGL Exam?
You can read any newspaper listed below to prepare for SSC CGL 2020 Exam.
The Times of India (English Daily)
Hindustan Times (English Daily)
The Hindu (English Daily)
Amar Ujala (Hindi Daily)
Nav Bharat Times (Hindi Daily)
Dainik Jagran (Hindi Daily)
Hindustan (Hindi Daily)
Is there interview in SSC CGL 2020 Exam?
There is no interview in the SSC CGL 2020 exam. The tier-3 exam is introduced to replace the interview.
Can I apply for multiple posts?
Yes you can apply for multiple posts in SSC CGL 2020 Exam. You can give your preference for the posts while applying for the SSC CGL exam.
What are the benefits of SSC CGL Exam?
There are many benefits in SSC CGL Exam like handsome salary package, paid and unpaid leaves, traveling, and medical allowances. On-time salary, Pension, Less work stress, and most important job security.
Please check below links for more govt jobs information:
We hope this article helped you to find important information about SSC CGL 2020 examination. Please share if you find this post helpful.