What is the Tnreginet portal? What is the benefit of the Tnreginet online portal? What type of services provided through this portal? How can we apply for the different available services? Check all details and step-by-step process to apply for various services in this post.
What is Tnreginet portal?
TNREGINET or Inspector General for Registration (IGR) is an online registration portal of the Tamilnadu government which provides various government services in digital mode for the people who resides in the Tamilnadu state. Various online services such as Encumbrance certificate, Birth Certificate, Marriage certificate, Society registration, Firm registration, etc are provided on this portal.
People of Tamilnadu used to visit the different offices to avail themselves of any service. Tamilnadu government thought that there should be a single-window solution in digital form so that all people of the states can avail all services from a single platform. Keeping this in mind and to support the Indian government’s Digital India initiative Tamilnadu government issued a tender to develop a registration portal for the Tamilnadu government. Tata Consultancy Service won the contract with the lowest bid and developed the TNREGINET portal.
After the launch of the Tnreginet online portal all services integrated into this portal and now anyone can take the benefit of all services through the internet.
TNREGINET portal summary
|Name of the portal||Inspector General for Registration|
|Also known as||TNREGINET portal|
|Helpline Number||1800 102 5174|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu Department of registration|
|Service Area||Tamil Nadu state|
|Beneficiary||People of Tamil Nadu state|
|Objective||To provide various services in digital mode|
Services provided on the TNREGINET online portal
All people of the Tamilnadu state can apply for different services available on this portal in online mode. Some important services provided on this portal are mentioned below. Please have a look.
- Encumbrance Certificate online
- Online Marriage, Birth, Death, Chit Fund registration
- Guideline Search
- Know your Jurisdiction
- Firm registration
- Society registration
- Land, property registration
- Stamp duty and fees
Tnreginet.gov.in online registration
If you want to take the help of the online service available on the Inspector General for Registration (IGR) portal then you must register yourself first. Please follow the below-given steps for the online registration.
- First of all, visit the official website at tnreginet.gov.in/portal/
- On the home page, there is a login form on the right side.
- If you have already registered then you can directly login to the portal otherwise click on the “User Registration” link. You may also access the registration link given in the top menu.
- On the next page, a registration form will appear
- In this registration form, all people can fill in all required information mentioned below
- Login Details
- Select User Type
- User Name
- Re-enter password
- Security question and answer
- Personal Details
- Email Id
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Identification type
- Other details
- Enter the given code
- Click on the receive OTP button and enter the OTP received on the Mobile
- Finally, Click on the “Complete Registration” button
How to apply online for Tnreginet EC (Encumbrance Certificate)
All Tamilnadu state people can apply for the Encumbrance Certificate (EC). Please follow the below given steps to apply online.
- You will have to first go to the official website at tnreginet.gov.in/portal/
- There is a login form given on the right side of the website. Log in on the website using your login credentials
- After login looks for the encumbrance certificate link and clicks on that link. you can also find be encumbrance certificate at the bottom of the page
- Now on the encumbrance certificate registration page fill in all the required information
- Upload any relevant document if required
- Finally, submit the registration page
How to search Encumbrance Certificate?
- Open the home page of the Tamilnadu registration portal at tnreginet.gov.in/portal/
- There is a link for the E-services on the top menu
- Click on the Encumbrance Certificate->EC link under E-services.
- A new Encumbrance Certificate search page will appear.
- You can search the Encumbrance Certificate in three different ways
- Enter Zone details, District, Sub Registrar Office, Survey details such as Village, Survey No., Subdivision No., etc
- Sub Registrar Office
- Document No.
- Document Type
- Plot Flat Wise
- Zone details
- Survey Details
- Plot No.
- Flat No.
- Fill in all the required details and enter the given security code.
- Finally, click on the search button